Dates to Remember:
- Monday, December 8: Book Orders due
- Tuesday, December 9: Learn to Ski registration at Truckee Elem. 5:00
- Wednesday, December 10: Minimum Day – School dismissed at 1:00
- Thursday, December 11: Nevada County Library
- Thursday, December 18: Celebration of Learning 6:00 – 7:30
- Friday, December 19: Nutcracker Ballet at 9:45 am
- Monday, December 22 – Friday, January 2: Winter Break
- Monday, January 5: Return to School – HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Fire and Ice: Students have continued to learn more about the fascinating history of Truckee and our early beginnings in industry and economics. Our crew has completed a timeline of events in Truckee’s history, dating back to 1844. After completion of the timeline, students worked collaboratively to help create 3 original Reader’s Theater scripts based on the informational texts we read in class. Each script contains factual information on Ice Harvesting, Lumber Mills, and Fire in Truckee during the late 1800′s.
Each Reader’s Theater script will be presented during our Celebration of Learning on December 18th. One group will perform at 6:15, the other at 6:45 pm. Your child’s performance time will be sent home in the next few weeks.
Celebration of Learning: Mark your calendars for our Fall 2014 Celebration of Learning on Thursday, December 18 from 6:00 – 7:30 pm at SELS. Plan to attend the Reader’s Theater performances in our classroom at either 6:15 or 6:45, then feel free to roam the school and learn about the other Expeditions happening in all the crews. It truly is a Celebration of all our Learning. Continue reading